Contact our student service on WhatsApp.
Monday - Thursday 9 am - 5:30 pm (GMT)
Friday 9 am - 4:30 pm (GMT)
How it works
1. Click on phone number
2. Save under contacts
3. Ask a question directly through WhatsApp
If you start the program with false expectations, you run the risk of being disappointed or losing precious time. For this reason, we fully inform our applicants and have a rigorous selection process to try to find out how well University of Applied Sciences Europe is suited to you. Only if we are convinced that you have the requirements to complete your studies successfully with us do we then offer you admission. And, equally, you should be sure about us.
You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 15th (Non-EU: June 15th) and for the summer semester February 28th (Non-EU: February 28th). After these deadlines there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester. If you already have a valid student visa for Germany, you can apply within the official application deadline.
By the way: you can complete the entrance examination without having a high school diploma or equivalent, one year before you plan to start your studies. This gives you certainty one year before about whether you will be accepted to study at University of Applied Sciences Europe or not.
Please forward your application from now on for summer and winter semester 2019. Click here and apply now!
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for a bachelor’s degree program:
There is no limit to the number of students who can be admitted (numerus clausus).
1. Your application: To apply, you must submit the completed online application form, your résumé, a cover letter (approx. 1 to 1.5 DIN A4 pages), plus your high school diploma qualifying you for university entrance.
2. Application fee (only for non-EU citizens): In order to check your eligibility to study at UE and to start the application process we ask you to pay a one-time application fee of 50 €. Once this fee is received, we will further assess your application and will revert to you directly. Your payment can be processed here.
3. Interview: If the members of our selection committee agree that you are a promising candidate, we will call you for an entrance examination followed by an interview. After this, we will tell you straight away if you have been accepted.
4. Reservation fee (only for non-EU citizens): Once you are accepted as a student, you will be asked to pay a reservation fee of 3.000 €. The reservation fee is a one-time payment that will secure your spot and will be deducted from the total cost of the program. You can find more information about the fee here.
5. Letter of admission: Once we have received your signed contract and the reservation fee of 3.000 € we will issue your letter of admission. This is mendatory for your visa application.
Tips on writing the covering letter
Confidence in the English language is essential for success in your studies. Thus, one purpose of the covering letter is to give us an idea of your language skills. Describe to us in one to one-and-a-half DIN A4 pages (font: Arial 12, single line spacing) why you are interested in the course you have chosen, why you would like to study at University of Applied Sciences Europe, and what your expectations are. You should also include in your covering letter any special characteristics or inspiring experience based on previous internships or work experience.
The entrance examination followed by an interview is the “practical part” of your application at University of Applied Sciences Europe. The following gives you an idea of what to expect on the day:
The English language test is done online and consists of a variety of tasks that focus on grammar, spelling and vocabulary skills.
Should grammatical or linguistic deficits emerge, we recommend that you attend our English pre-course prior to beginning your studies.
Mental capacity test
This is similar to an IQ test. Your verbal, mathematical, and spatial intelligence is tested in a multiple-choice test lasting 105 minutes. In the verbal component, you must complete sentences, analogies, or put the correct terms together.
Your mathematical abilities are tested based on simple arithmetical tasks that can be solved on notepaper. You must do calculations with fractions, complete series of numbers, and insert arithmetic operators, all under time pressure.
Your figural-spatial intelligence is tested based on tasks such as recognizing 2D models of cubes, piecing together triangles or circles and identifying groups with the same patterns.
The personality test reveals a person’s motivation to succeed. Quizzing you about how you would behave in various professional and private situations demonstrates personality traits that, together, give a measure of your professional motivation to succeed. Some applicants thus discover personal strengths and weaknesses that often give pause for thought.
On the same day, after the tests, you will participate in an interview (either on campus or online) with the program manager or a representative of University of Applied Sciences Europe. In it, we first explain the results of the tests and inform you of the conditions, if any, you must meet before you commence your studies.
Then we discuss what you expect from your studies, and your goals. You will also find out how we work, what’s important to us, and what we expect from our future students. The demands we place on our prospective students are considerable. For example, we stress analytical thought, social skills, verbal powers of expression, as well as goal orientation and an ability to cope with pressure. That said, we do not want to intimidate or overwhelm you – quite the contrary. All we ask of you is to show us who you are! Openness and honesty are more effective than clichés and putting on a persona.