You can apply a year in advance for your desired starting semester. The application deadline for the winter semester is 1 September (Non-EU: 1 September*) and for the summer semester February 28th (Non-EU: February 05th). After these deadlines there will be a waiting list procedure for available study places each semester. If you already have a valid student visa for Germany, you can apply within the official application deadline.
* Please take into consideration delays e.g. with entry visa.
The main requirement for a master’s degree at University of Applied Sciences Europe is a completed bachelor’s degree programme.
Transfers – that is, graduates with a non-specialist bachelor’s degree – must complete preliminary or preparatory courses before starting their studies. These courses are also provided by University of Applied Sciences Europe: our Student Guidance Office is happy to advise you.
Please forward your application from now on for summer and winter semester 2020. Click here and apply now!
Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for a master’s degree programme:
Additional requirements for MBA:
*If statistics was not sufficiently covered in your Bachelor’s degree, you will have the option to take a pre-study course in statistics at UE.
1. Your application: To apply, you must submit the completed online application form, your résumé, a cover letter (approx. 1 to 1.5 DIN A4 pages), a copy of your passport plus your high school diploma qualifying you for university entrance.
2. Application fee (only for non-EU citizens): In order to check your eligibility to study at UE and to start the application process we ask you in our online application form to pay a one-time application fee of 50 €. Once this fee is received, we will further assess your application and will revert to you directly.
3. Interview: If the members of our selection committee agree that you are a promising candidate, we will call you for an entrance examination followed by an interview. After this, we will tell you straight away if you have been accepted.
4. Reservation fee (only for non-EU citizens): Once you are accepted as a student, you will be asked to pay a reservation fee of 3.000 €. The reservation fee is a one-time payment that will secure your spot and will be deducted from the total cost of the programme. You can find more information about this fee here.
5. Letter of admission: Once we have received your signed contract and the reservation fee of 3.000 € we will issue your letter of admission. This is mendatory for your visa application.
Tips on writing the covering letter
Confidence in the English language is essential for success in your studies. Thus, one purpose of the covering letter is to give us an idea of your language skills. Describe to us in one to one-and-a-half DIN A4 pages (font: Arial 12, single line spacing) why you are interested in the course you have chosen, why you would like to study at University of Applied Sciences Europe, and what your expectations are. You should also include in your covering letter any special characteristics or inspiring experience based on previous internships or work experience.